Announcing The Top 100 Internship Programs of 2022
Think back to the early years of your career. Did you have an internship experience that informed and influenced the next steps of your career? Next question – was your internship paid? Whether you answered yes or no to those questions, you’re not alone. It’s important to reflect on the experiences that shaped us, and to consider how we can improve those experiences for future generations to drive DEI, innovation, and growth.
One of the biggest, most positive changes employers can make to help close the diversity gap is paying their interns. Not only do paid internships drive more equality in the workplace, but they have the potential to change the world. With this mission in mind, in 2017, WayUp set out to create National Intern Day to help companies see how investing in a diverse internship program can be an investment in the future of their company.
2022 marks the first celebration of National Intern Day after Yello and WayUp joined forces in mid-2021. With the power of our unified voice amplifying NID’s message, we were thrilled to see so many amazing organizations participate this year. In fact, claiming a spot on the coveted Top 100 Internship Programs List was more competitive than ever. The total number of employer nominations our judges had to review increased 33% over last year!
Through the annual ranking, Yello and WayUp highlight the top programs around the country while also identifying the emerging trends and ever-present pillars of a strong program. This year, the judges identified the following themes:
- Internships are happening in a hybrid environment. Eighty percent of the Top 100 List hosted their internship in a hybrid format, further underscoring the fact that flexible work is here to stay.
- This next generation of professionals is joining the workplace with an ingrained sense of the importance of diversity, equity and inclusion. Eighty-five percent of the top programs provide opportunities for unconscious bias training, employee resource group participation, and community building.
- Many of the most successful programs are investing in their interns and using their internship programs as a way to pipeline talent for full-time roles. Sixty-five percent of top programs aim to convert 60% or more of their interns into full-time hires.
And without further ado, this year’s top internship program is Boeing. Boeing is recognized for:
- Taking accountability for driving DEI – Boeing is setting goals for their organization and actively working to increase representation in their program.
- Working to build community amongst interns and connecting them with full-time employee mentors for networking and career development opportunities.
- A year-round commitment to internship programs – Boeing hosts internships throughout the year and around the globe, demonstrating the entire organization’s commitment to investing in early-career talent.
We are grateful to all the organizations that demonstrated their commitment to fostering growth and innovation in their internship program. After all, today’s interns are the leaders of tomorrow — and what companies do today will directly shape our future.
Check out the full Top 100 Internship Programs List here.
Join over 7,000 professionals who receive bi-weekly recruiting tips.
Why Do Yello Customers Boomerang?
In this post, we’ll review real customer stories and explore what factors influenced their decision to return to Yello. We’ll […]Campus Recruitment
Re-Energizing Gen Z Recruiting
Getting back to campus To help companies prepare for this unique fall recruitment season, our latest webinar, “Re-energizing Gen Z […]Campus Recruitment